Sunday, October 17, 2010

Crossroads Tour: Angie Frazier

What sparked the idea of Everlasting?
The very first idea for Everlasting came from just wanting to write something purely adventurous and romantic. I’d just graduated from college and had been on a writing hiatus for four years. It was time to get back to creative writing, and I settled on a historical adventure.

If you could travel back to any time period, what year would you be in and where would you be? Given my recent fascination with Regency England, I think I would choose to time travel there. Then after a short visit, I’d zip a few decades into the future and across the Atlantic and check out the Civil War era!

Given the time period in Everlasting, how much research did you have to do?
The research was endless. I think that if I went page by page in the book I would be able to find something I needed to do research for, or something I added into the book as a result of research. Thankfully, I like research.

When did you start writing?
Whatever age I was when I learned how to write. Seven or eight, perhaps. There was nothing more exciting to me than a blank page of lined paper and a sharpened pencil.

Is there a subject or genre you’ll never write?
Certain subjects are difficult for me to read—like violence against children—but I hope to be the kind of writer that can attempt to tackle any idea that catches on in my imagination.


♥amber

7 comments:

Kristen My Bookish Fairy Tale said...

Great Interview guys!!

A Canadian Girl said...

Lovely interview!

NickolasHatesYou said...

She is pretty. Nice interview too :)

Anonymous said...

Great interview! Thxs!

Caitlin said...

I'd be interested to travel back to the 60's. I've always like to read about that times lifestyle! It seemed like an awesome time :D Great interview!

Jessy said...

I can't read books with violence against children either. I have to say though, I did read A Child Called It and it's stuck with me all these years.

ferretvamp14 said...

I can't imagine doing that much research. I would get overwhelmed. Looking forward to reading Everlasting.