Saturday, August 8, 2009

Review - Coffeehouse Angel by Suzanne Selfors

Coffeehouse Angel by Suzanne Selfors

When Katrina spots a homeless guy sleeping in the alley behind her grandmother’s coffee shop, she decides to leave him a cup of coffee, a bag of chocolate-covered coffee beans, and some pastries to tide him over. Little does she know that this random act of kindness is about to turn her life upside down. Because this adorable vagrant, Malcolm, is really a guardian angel on a break between missions. And he won’t leave until he can reward Katrina’s selflessness by fulfilling her deepest desire. Now if only she could decide what that might be . . .


---


When I got this book, I took one look at it and thought hhmm, this will probably be an okay cute little read. But once I got into it, I was so surprised about how much I really enjoyed it.

Katrina was such a random and frazzled character and I loved her for it. The little comments she would throw out here and there had me cracking up and made me not want to put the book down. Katrina has a closet full of things she's not good at, but there is one thing she knows probably better than anyone (well besides her grandma Anna of course), and that's how to run Anna's Old World Scandinavian Coffeehouse. With the quirky characters that spend a good part of their time there such as The Boys, Irmgaad, and Ratcatcher - I felt as if I were sitting at a table watching it all take place.

While I did adore angel Malcolm and his kilt wearing Scottish accent here and there ways, (and let's not forget those eyes either), I actually liked the story between Katrina and her best guy friend Vincent more. The two of them were super close, but its not as if they woke up one day and decided they were in love with each other. They just loved one another and throughout the book have to find a happy medium for their friendship. That was refreshing compared to the usual boy/girl friendship tales.

Norby was such a fun place to read about. In the acknowledgements, Suzanne tells what town she based it off of and I want to go visit it! Coffeehouse Angel was a very delightful and fun read, and I suggest everyone that enjoys a quirky story with fun characters to go pick it up.






♥amber

7 comments:

Holly (2 Kids and Tired) said...

Great review. I've been wanting to read this one.

prophecygirl said...

I'm going to read this soon, so I'm glad to hear it's good! It sounds like it'd make a fun rom-com movie.

kay - Infinite Shelf said...

Oh, great review! I really want to read this one, glad to see you enjoyed it! :)

Jessica said...

Great review! There's an award for you at my blog http://eatsleepdanceread.blogspot.com/

Tales of Whimsy said...

Great review. I can't wait to read this one.

Patricia's Particularity said...

Oh My! Sounds like a very sweet book. As a coffee adict this just calls to my heart. Great review!

Anonymous said...

I just got this book in the mail to review.. I can not wait to read it!