Wednesday, March 18, 2009

In My Mailbox (7)

In My Mailbox was created by The Story Siren as an awesome way to see what other bloggers around the community are reading.

Today the mailman came and opened the screen door and then shut it. At first I thought he was confused because I didn't hear anything other than the door being opened and then shut. So when he pulled away just seconds later I ignored it. But then, like a lightbulb in a cartoon; it glew bright over my head. THE BOOK CAME!



The lovely Jennifer Echols' book--which I've been waiting so so patiently to arrive--showed up at my door step this morning. Thank You Jennifer!!

Making this whole matter so much better--I see a gold circle on the book saying AUTOGRAPHED by the AUTHOR!

*squeak* <--for about 5 minutes, then I opened the book. And what do I see?



I have only one other autographed book and that is from actor Denis Leary. Now that was an awesome moment in my life, but he isn't an author. He isn't a YA author. So this, well this is my very first--and pray not last--book sighed by not only a author, but one I couldn't wait to read one of her books.

So, my day has truly been made. My whole week actually. Thank you again Jennifer, for sending my your wonderful book and giving me the pleasure of having it signed!

9 comments:

Steph Su said...

Oh man, congrats! That's awesome! I've heard so many good things about it that I really want to read it.

Just Your Typical Book Blog said...

Thank You! I'm so excited about this one. Yeah, I heard nothing but good things too and I read the first chapter awhile ago and fell inlove lol. I'll be writing a review right away I'm sure!

The Book Obsession said...

This novel was amazing!! Hope you enjoy

prophecygirl said...

That was so nice of her! It looks great :) (As does the book itself).

Anonymous said...

Congrats! It is so much fun when you get a book signed. Daniel Waters is one of my favorite YA authors and I jumped up and down when I read what he wrote to me.

*Sigh Blissfully*

Just Your Typical Book Blog said...

Lucky!!^ and thanks everyone! I finished the book and I Loved It! I'm going to post my review today. I'm still totally stoked about the signing lol.

Katie said...

I also got a signed copy. I was so excited! I can't wait to see what you thought of the book. I really loved it!

Shooting Stars Mag said...

Signed copies are great. That's awesome. I'm glad you liked the book. I think it sounds awesome, must read it sometime.

-Lauren

Just Your Typical Book Blog said...

Katie, wasn't it the coolest thing seeing that book when it came in the mail!? lol Me and Amber are going to put our reviews up at the same time and I'm busting at the seams lol.

Thank you guys for all the awesome comments!!!

Cheryl