Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Evermore by Alyson Noel

Evermore by Alyson Noel

Publisher: St. Martin's Press
Pub. Date: February 2009
Age Range: Young Adult
Page Count: 301

Since a horrible accident claimed the lives of her family, sixteen-year-old Ever can see auras, hear people’s thoughts, and know a person’s life story by touch. Going out of her way to shield herself from human contact to suppress her abilities has branded her as a freak at her new high school—but everything changes when she meets Damen Auguste…

Ever sees Damen and feels an instant recognition. He is gorgeous, exotic and wealthy, and he holds many secrets. Damen is able to make things appear and disappear, he always seems to know what she’s thinking—and he’s the only one who can silence the noise and the random energy in her head. She doesn’t know who he really is—or what he is. Damen equal parts light and darkness, and he belongs to an enchanted new world where no one ever dies.

What would you do if you were psychic? I know I would probably be exactly like Ever in this story. I would feel like a freak, close people off and definitely not think the most gorgeous guy in the world would want me.

Not only do I think this has a gorgeous cover, but I absolutely love this story. The plot was flawless--the characters, amazing. Alyson has a beautiful imagination and a wonderful way of letting the rest of us experience it. Ever was so easy to relate to; despite her ability to read minds and see auras. She was simple and sad and felt a guilt for something she couldn't control. At times I felt sad for her, and other times happiness and yes, a drop of jealousy here and there. =D. Her best friends are so funny and so typical in a not-so-typical-way (I think I say this often about characters that are well written), which I really loved. I can't say everything I want to say about this book because it will be a major spoiler.

What I loved even more was Damen. Ok, I must say it--I'm a fictional hottie wh*re. But in such a good way. I can't get enough of the hotties these awesome writers introduce us to. He was perfect, intelligent, mesmerizing and just so yummy.

I would recommend this book to anyone. If your into fantasy you will swoon over it, if your not... I think you'll still swoon. Jump into this book and love every word.

Alyson, I know Blue Moon is going to be just as amazing...I see on your site there will be 3 more after Blue Moon....*sighs* I can't wait that long! lol

7 comments:

Bookworm said...

This book sounds amazing! Definitely on my wishlist....and isn't the cover gorgeous?

PS. I love your bookworm-rating system. They're so adorable!

Anonymous said...

I loved this book! I am curious...do you think it was like Twilight? I have read that several times but I just don't see it.

Great review!

Just Your Typical Book Blog said...

^^Thank you! We wanted to do something different, and I found that pic and just made 4 more lol.

^I loved this book too and NO WAY was it like Twilight. I said this in my Need review that people seem to be grabbing every book that has some paranormal or fantasy and a potential relationship between the two main characters and comparing it to Twilight which really burns me because, so far NOT ONE book I have read made me even think of Twilight. So I agree with you. Its not there at all. Thanks for liking the review =D

Cheryl

prophecygirl said...

Brilliant review! I'm going to read this soon - Damen sounds like my kinda guy! :P

GreenBeanTeenQueen said...

I agree-this one is nothing like Twilight! Everyone keeps comparing anything paranormal or romance to those books and it needs to stop. I loved Evermore and can't wait for the next 4 to come out. I'm glad you enjoyed it. Great review!:)

Erika Powell said...

Ijust finished this and really liked it. I have to play catch up on the series.

Nat said...

This was a great book...I have really enjoyed this series!