Sunday, March 15, 2009

In My Mailbox (6)

In My Mailbox was created by The Story Siren as a fun way to see what everyone else received/bought/borrowed for the week.


Evernight by Claudia Gray

Bianca wants to escape.
At the eerily Gothic Evernight Academy, the other students are sleek, smart, and almost predatory. Bianca knows she doesn't fit in.
When she meets handsome, brooding Lucas, he warns her to be careful—even when it comes to caring about him. But the connection between them can't be denied. Bianca will risk anything to be with Lucas, but dark secrets are fated to tear them apart . . . and to make Bianca question everything she's ever believed.


I've heard some awesome things about this book and I know the second one is coming out this month so when I saw it at the store I was like Ooo must have!



This is what I got from the library this week:



Rock My World by Liza Conrad

High School Bites by Liza Conrad

Are You There, Vodka? It's Me Chelsea by Chelsea Handler

Love Is Hell by Scott Westerfeld, Melissa Marr, Justine Larbalestier, and Gabrielle Zevin

Fade by Lisa McMann

11 comments:

nadine said...

Great Line Up. Are You There? Vodka, It's Me Chelsea sounds like it'll be a funny one.

the story siren said...

great books!! i just finished Stargazer the book after Evernight! it's even better!!

Marie said...

What's Rock My World about? Nice selection!

prophecygirl said...

The Chelsea Handler one sounds funny. Great week!

Just Your Typical Book Blog said...

TrueBlu--I can't wait to read that one. Her first book My Horizontal Life: A Collection of One Night Stands had me dying laughing...which probably looked odd to everyone at the dentist office

Story Siren--Awesome! I'm trying to read my library pile first but I think I'm going to have to read this one soon, even the first page I scanned looked great!

Marie--Rock My World is about a girl named Livy who takes on an intership for a magazine Rock On. She has to go along on tour with the band Babydolls that her now sober dad just happens to be apart of. Her big rule is no musiicans but once she sees the lead singer of the opening act, it's getting a little hard. WIth a front-row seat to the seduction of rock and roll, she has to fire the urge to follow in her parents' foosteps (--last line from the back of the book). Anywho, I'm on chapter two and I absolutely love it.

Nancy said...

You have some great books. Evernight is very good, but FADE...OMG it rocked my socks. I loved that book. I like watching Chelsea's show on the TV and now I have to look into her book, looks good.

Steph Su said...

Oooh great finds at the library! I want to visit it, hehe. :)

Anonymous said...

I loved Evernight! Hope you like it!

Erika Powell said...

great books, all on my TBR pile but it looks like your library has a much better selection than mine.

Reverie said...

Evernight's great and Fade's fantastic!!!

Happy reading!

Genevieve said...

Fade was amazing. Better than Wake! I can't wait to read Gone when it comes out next year. : )