Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Waiting on Wednesday

When Rose Wakes by Christopher Golden
Release Date: September 28, 2010
Publisher: MTV Books

An enchanting tale by Christoper Golden about a teenager who wakes from a coma and slowly comes to realize that she is Sleeping Beauty of fairy tales.

A bit more from the author's blog:

Present day New York, Rose wakes from a coma with no memory, and only her two aunts to care for her. But how long has she REALLY been asleep, and what secret past are her aunts hiding from her?


---

Between the two synopsis I found, it sounds like something I'd like. I always love a new spin on classic fairy tales. And I'm such a cover whore and this one is gorgeous!

♥amber

13 comments:

Sab H. said...

Great pick Amb! This one looks promising. :D

Sara said...

I haven't heard of this one before, but it sounds wonderful. I love the cover too! Great pick :p

Katie said...

I only first heard about this one today but I didn't know what it was about. Now I do and I really want to read it. Great WOW pick!

Cecelia said...

Oh, this sounds fabulous! I'm always on the lookout for new and wonderful fairy tale re-tellings. Great pick!

My Waiting on Wednesday is here.

Tales of Whimsy said...

Sweet. I love it already.

prophecygirl said...

Chris Golden is one of my favourite authors, so I'll definitely be buying this! Great pick! :)

Little Willow said...

Christopher Golden is fantastic! I can't wait to read WHEN ROSE WAKES. I know it's going to rock! :)

JESSJORDAN said...

I love the bright colors on the cover. It definitely pops.

Natasa said...

Ooh, this sounds good! I checked it out on Goodreads and me thinks it's going to very near the top of my TBR list. ;D

Thanks for this post!

Natasa
http://couchbooktatoes.blogspot.com/

Patricia's Particularity said...

Sounds like a very interesting idea to write about... I wonder though if its reminiscent of Snow White almost.

Anonymous said...

Awesome cover!!!

Anonymous said...

I really want to read this one too!! I really like the cover!

Llehn said...

I have been in love with Mr Golden since his Buffy days! And that cover is so gorgeous! I totally need to read it.