Thursday, April 29, 2010
Rock This! Thursday: IT'S MY BIRTHDAY!!
Last night I went over to my grandpa's house and had a nice little family gathering where we at that cake you see pictured. (Yes, that's not some random photo I found on google. It was really my cake and it was made of awesomness.)
Today I'm heading out to go shopping and spend time with some friends I haven't seen for a while. I'm not really for sure what I'm doing Friday but on Saturday I'm heading to the bar with tons of friends and having a good ole' tipsy time. What? I'm legal!
So for this week's edition of Rock This! Thursday I decided to give you 25 songs (in no particular order) that rocked my teenage years. I listen to A LOT of different music and it was hard to pick (and remember) songs that I was either obsessed with, reminded me of a certain person/place/time/event, or just reminded me of me. But here's the list and right after I post this I know I'm going to think of 25 other songs I should have added.
Uncles John's Band by The Grateful Dead
2. Run Around by Blues Traveler
-There is a lyric here that is still a motto I use today: I still got this dream that you just can't shake
Hand In My Pocket by Alanis Morissette
- I ask a lot of people in Rock This! Thursday interviews what song is following them when they walk down the street. This is mine.
5. Festival Song by Good Charlotte
6. Semi-Charmed Life by Third Eye Blind
7.Outside by Staind
-The Break The Cycle album reminds me of the summer before my junior year, and this was one of my favorite songs from it.
8. The Man Who Sold the World by Nirvana
9. When I Come Around by Green Day
- Every time I hear this song, I think of that 'one guy'.
10. Little Things by Bush
11. Caress Me Down by Sublime
-Total inside joke.
12. 99 Red Balloons by Goldfinger
-I first learned how to 'skank' to this song.
13. What I Got by Sublime
-Ahhh the summer before my senior year when I used to drive the Grandpamobile and my Sublime tape got stuck in the tape player so that's all we listened to.
14. My Bloody Valentine by Good Charlotte
15. New Age Girl by Dead Eye Dick
-Skating rink days.
16. Sugar High by Coyote Shivers
17. Tomorrow by Silverchair
-The whole Frogstump album was my 'listen to me while I'm down in the dumps'.
18. The Wind Cries Mary by Jimi Hendrix
-My first short story was written while listening to the Ultimate Experience album I stole from my dad. This was my favorite song from it.
19. Breed by Nirvana
20. Just A Girl by No Doubt
21. Aerials by System of a Down
-So many road trips.
22. Driver Under by Seether
-To think about five years later this band would become one of my all time favorites, and I didn't even realize they sang this song until I became obsessed with them.
23. Imma Tell by Tech N9ne
-Completely takes me back to the house on East Harker Street.
24. 6'1 by Liz Phair
25. Casey Jones by The Grateful Dead