Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Waiting on Wednesday

I Now Pronounce You Someone Else by Erin McCahan 


Release Date: June 2010

Seventeen-year-old Bronwen Oliver doesn't just want a family. She has one of those, and there's nothing terribly wrong with them apart from bickering grandparents, an image-obsessed mother and a brother she describes simply as Jesus. But there's no natural sense of connection between Bronwen and her family, leaving her with the belief -- and the hope -- that she was switched at birth, that she was never supposed to be Bronwen Oliver but someone else entirely.

When she begins dating college senior Jared Sondervan, she finds herself thoroughly embraced by the loving family she has always wanted and does not hesitate to say yes when Jared proposes on her 18th birhday. Plans for the Perfect Beach Wedding before her junior year of college become plans for the Perfect Beach Wedding before her freshman year of college. And a wedding so soon isn't exactly what Bronwen wants. But Jared is. And his family is. Or so she thinks.

Before Bronwen can determine what she truly wants, she must first determine who she truly is, and the answer, she discovers, is only partially what she thought it was. She wasn't switched at birth, but she's also not Bronwen Oliver and hasn't been for a very long time.

----

First, the cover caught my eye. It makes me wonder what this book would even be about. Second, I love reading about older teens. Yes, I know it's young adult, but being 24 I need some older teen reads. Third, I love family books. But what I love more is a crazy family, and this one sounds like it could be packed full of nuttiness. .

On a side note, if anyone can recommend a darker read or a read that just really kind of punches you in the gut with life, I'd love you forever. I'm in the mood for something on those lines.

♥amber

7 comments:

Tales of Whimsy said...

Looks adorable :D

Carla said...

This sounds really amazing, like a path to self discovery kind of book, and the cover is pretty adorbale too

The Library Lurker said...

This one sounds so cute! I can't wait for it to come out! Great pick!

Unknown said...

After By:Kristen Harmel
My sisters Keeper By:Jodi Picolti

Looks good!

Check my blog out:
www.moonlightbookreviews.blogspot.com

Erica said...

This one looks really great! I can't wait for it.

Anonymous said...

Great pick. I love the cover!

Llehn said...

Try Bleeding Violet by Dia Reeves.