Monday, July 20, 2009

Reivew - Blue Moon by Alyson Noel

Blue Moon by Alyson Noel

Release Date: July 7, 2009
Publisher: St. Martin’s Griffin
Pages: 284

Rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars

Just as Ever is learning everything she can about her new abilities as an immortal, initiated into the dark, seductive world by her beloved Damen, something terrible is happening to him. As Ever's powers are increasing, Damen's are fading, stricken by a mysterious illness that threatens his memory, his identity, his life.

Desperate to save him, Ever travels to the mystical dimension of Summerland, uncovering not only the secrets of Damen's past- the brutal, tortured history he hoped to keep hidden- but also an ancient text revealing the workings of time. With the approaching blue moon heralding her only window for travel, Ever is forced to decide between turning back the clock and saving her family from the accident that claimed them, or staying in the present and saving Damen, who grows weaker each day...


---

The beginning of the book had me thinking I wouldn't like it. The only thing really going on was Ever and Damen touching, talking, Ever thinking Damn was hot, and me still not liking him that much. Right when I thought it might be a lost cause, things started to pick up, and I found myself being pleasantly surprised.

Alyson Noel does a great job of building up the plot and having a mystery hang around. I wasn't for sure what was going to happen next with everyone around Ever doing a 180. First Damen starts getting sick then he starts acting like a jerkface and Ever is growing like the Jolly Green Giant - the book is constantly in motion.

My favorite parts of this book were Ever's trips Summerland. The whole idea of this place and the new characters that pop up such as Romy and Rayne, and all the things that she learns about her new powers - it kept me glued. And I forgot to mention this in the first book, but I love Riley. She is possibly one of the perfect little sisters out there. I love her spunk and her witty little comebacks. She plays a wonderful supporting side character to Ever. Also Miles still delivers the best laughs of them all.

I was pretty wishy-washy on Evermore, but Blue Moon has definitely made me more of a fan of the series. The ending was still another rush-rush one, and there were a few spots in the book that had me going uh..what?! But I'm curious of what new boy Roman (who desperately needs a sock stuck in his mouth) will be doing in the next book. And of course what is going to happen between Ever and Damen. (He grew on me a little more, not completely sold, but hey - there's always Shawdowland.)




♥amber

4 comments:

MeganDreamer said...

180 is right. A 360 puts you back where you were before. I think.

I can't wait to learn more about Romy and Rayne. They seem so mysterious. I hope we can see more of Riley too. I still don't get Damen's appeal (he's just a real old jerk to me), but maybe Shadowland will finally sell me on him.

Natascha De Marco said...

This is my next read, can't wait!

And yeah, 180 is alright, 360 puts you back where you started

prophecygirl said...

Great review! Glad you enjoyed it in the end :)

throuthehaze said...

I have heard that this book is not very good. I got it anyway and hopefully I will like it