Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Waiting on Wednesday

White Cat by Holly Black (Curse Workers Book 1)


Release Date: May 4, 2010

Cassel comes from a family of curse workers -- people who have the power to change your emotions, your memories, your luck, by the slightest touch of their hands. And since curse work is illegal, they're all mobsters, or con artists. Except for Cassel. He hasn't got the magic touch, so he's an outsider, the straight kid in a crooked family. You just have to ignore one small detail -- he killed his best friend, Lila, three years ago.

Ever since, Cassel has carefully built up a façade of normalcy, blending into the crowd. But his façade starts crumbling when he starts sleepwalking, propelled into the night by terrifying dreams about a white cat that wants to tell him something. He's noticing other disturbing things, too, including the strange behavior of his two brothers. They are keeping secrets from him, caught up in a mysterious plot. As Cassel begins to suspect he's part of a huge con game, he also wonders what really happened to Lila. Could she still be alive? To find that out, Cassel will have to out-con the conmen.

Holly Black has created a gripping tale of mobsters and dark magic where a single touch can bring love -- or death -- and your dreams might be more real than your memories.

----

I wasn't for sure what to use for my WOW post this week so I of course went to twitter and asked about books people were looking forward to reading. I got some great responses and thanks to Sab for reminding me of this book I've been wanting to read. I've never read anything by Holly Black yet, but I've heard great things about her work. This series sounds like something I'd really enjoy. (I heart darker books.) Plus did you guys see the awesome trailer Vania made?







♥amber

6 comments:

Adriana said...

I haven't read any books of hers either. This one does sound like a great book.

prophecygirl said...

I agree it sounds awesome, and the cover rocks! As does the trailer :)

Sab H. said...

Yay!! I borrowed this so I hope it'll be getting here soon!! :D CANNOT WAIT!

Monster of Books said...

the book trailer hooked me and reeled me in :)

Erica said...

The trailer is awesome!I can't wait to read this one!

Llehn said...

That is one badass trailer!