Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Donate To A Great Cause - MS WALK 2010

This year me, my sister, and a group of friends are attending MS Walk 2010 in our community. This walk means a lot to me. My father has MS and has had it for almost 30 years. In 2005 he had such a severe attack that is made him wheelchair bound. He has very little use of both his legs. I walk because he can't.

My team is currently taking donations. All donations go towards the MS Society. An awesome organization that helps those who have MS. This society has helped my father personally so when I say they're awesome I mean they ROCK!

If you would like to donate it would be GREATLY appreciated! Every little bit counts!

Here is the link:

https://secure3.convio.net/nmss/site/Donation2?idb=796821624&df_id=27625&FR_ID=13524&PROXY_ID=7872384&27625.donation=form1&PROXY_TYPE=20

If you have no way of making a donation online and still want to donate, please shoot me an email: justyourtypicalbookblog@hotmail(dot)com and I will send you a mailing address.


About MS:

Multiple sclerosis interrupts the flow of information between the brain and the body and it stops people from moving. Every hour in the United States, someone is newly diagnosed with MS, an unpredictable, often disabling disease of the central nervous system. Symptoms range from numbness and tingling to blindness and paralysis. The progress, severity and specific symptoms of MS in any one person cannot yet be predicted, but advances in research and treatment are moving us closer to a world free of MS. Most people with MS are diagnosed between the ages of 20 and 50, with more than twice as many women as men being diagnosed with the disease. MS affects more than 400,000 people in the U.S., and 2.5 million worldwide.

More on the MS Society:

MS stops people from moving. The National MS Society exists to make sure it doesn’t. We help each person address the challenges of living with MS. Last year alone, through our home office and 50 state network of chapters, we devoted over $136 million to programs that enhanced more than one million lives. To move us closer to a world free of MS, the Society also invested over $50 million to support 440 research projects around the world. We are people who want to do something about MS NOW. Join the movement at http://www.nationalmssociety.org/.

Celebrate the power of a community coming together and help us raise $2 million toward a world free of multiple sclerosis.

Thanks for the support!

2 comments:

Erica said...

That is so great you guys are taking part of this! I'm hoping to take part in the walk this year, as a person very close in my life has MS.

Anonymous said...

Rather nice blog you've got here. Thanks the author for it. I like such themes and everything that is connected to them. I definitely want to read a bit more soon.

Hilary Smith