Sunday, December 27, 2009

Top 10 Reads for 2009

My plan was to write up two reviews today, but I have this horrible cold and I cannot concentrate. Instead I decided to jump on the wagon with everyone else showing my favorite reads of 2009. Not all these books and series came out this year, I just chose ones that I read this year that I loved.  (I also didn't put them in order because that would require thinking and I'm too doped up to think.)

Okay then - here we go!




10. Twenty Boy Summer by Sarah Ockler





9. Perfect Chemistry by Simone Elkeles







8.Cracked Up To Be by Courtney Summers





7. The Mortal Instrument Series by Cassandra Clare
(And I still think Garrett Hedlund would make the perfect Jace - hint hint movie people.)




6. If I Stay by Gayle Forman





5. Going Too Far by Jennifer Echols







4. Ballads of Suburbia by Stephanie Kuehnert







3. Morganville Vampire Series by Rachel Caine





2. Hush, Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick





1. Hate List by Jennifer Brown


15 comments:

Amy said...

Excellent list! I applaud you for getting through ballads of suburbia-that was a tough one, just because it was so sad :-0
-amy

Anonymous said...

This list is pretty much what mine would look like. Great picks! :D

in which a girl reads said...

Awesome list!

I loved loved loved Cracked Up to Be.

And I really want to read 20 Boy Summer and If I stay :)

Bookalicious Ramblings said...

Great list! I already own several of these books and I look forward to reading them to see if they're *really* so good! ;))) I'll be posting my Top 5 reads soon too!

prophecygirl said...

Great list, you've picked some really good books! I'm posting my list in a couple of days, and a few of those will be on it :)

2009 has been a good year for books!

Anonymous said...

Nice list. A few of these are some of my favorite reads of 2009 too, while the others are on my to-read list. :P

Anonymous said...

Some of my favorite books I read this year weren't released this year, either. Great list! I loved City of Bones and Cracked Up to Be.

Cecelia said...

Nice list! Also, I hope you're feeling better soon. Some of my favorite books this year were definitely not published in 2009 - I just read them this year, that's all. Happy reading for 2010!

Sara said...

Great List! i've read babout half of the books on the list, and the other half is on my wish list! :)

Thao said...

Love your list, I've not read many of the titles but I'm looking forward to.

Diana Dang said...

Lol, I've only read two out of that entire list. I must check out the others. xD

Sab H. said...

Yay!! Love your list! I had Ballads, Hate List and If I Stay in mine too! I need to read some of these still. Oh, 2010 will be a tough year to pick 10! I'm scared already LOL

Lauren said...

Interesting list - I'll definitely check out Hate List, Cracked Up To Be and If I Stay at some point soon.

runa said...

I'm really excited, I just got City of Ashes, can't wait to read it :)

Anonymous said...

Some of those are my favorites as well...and some are on my wanna read list.