Thursday, December 3, 2009

Rock This! Thursday with YA Bliss

Rock This! Thursday is a weekly feature where we discuss books that are about or centered around another thing we love: music! Once in a while, we'll throw in a concert story, interview an author or blogger, or just tell you about a band/singer you should be listening too. If you would like to participate, shoot me an email: justyourtypicalbookblog(at)hotmail(dot)com

Since I started blogging, I've gotten to talk to a lot of awesome people. One of those awesome people is Sab who runs Crystal Reviews. Today she's hanging out to discuss some music. If you haven't checked out her blog, you must! I always trust her reviews and she also has a fun featured called:  News 4 Yabookaholics!


You're walking down the street, what song is following you?

There’s this song by Santana that has my favorite lyrics of all time and it’s called Satellite. That one or either Affirmation by Savage Garden or Iris by Goo Goo Dolls. They probably don’t “describe” me but I bet every single one of my friends think about me when they hear them. That’s the best way a song can describe you!


What song do you think would make a great book?

Kryptonite by 3 Doors Down

We're always up for new music. Tell us five songs we should definitely be listening to:

I’m behind on music so this may not be the most recent songs but they rock!

- Daniel by Bat for Lashes (That’s my hubby’s name so I love it)
- Uprising by Muse
- Ever Fallen in Love by Nouvelle Vague
- Paparazzi by Lady Gaga
- Fireflies by Owl City

Do you have a favorite book that is about or centered around music?

Yes, Ballads of Suburbia by Stephanie Kuehnert! Another one I love is Just Listen by Sarah Dessen.


Who's your favorite band/singer? Why are they your favorite?

Tricky question. I don’t think I have ONE, I have thousands! Some I love are Matchbox 20, Sublime, 3 Doors Down, Bob Marley is one of my music gods along with Johnny Cash and MJ and I LOVED Savage Garden back in the day! I also love James Blunt, Alanis Morissette, Blue October, DJ Tiesto, Taylor Swift, Avril Lavigne… Yeah, way too many.

What was the first tape or CD you bought?

The first one I remember (a tape) was Keep the Faith album by Bon Jovi, but I clearly remember having a New Kids on the Block shoes so I guess I had that tape before Bon Jovi’s.

(Amber: Can I just say, I am very jealous that you were walking around in NKOTB shoes. I just had a couple shirts a rain coat.)

Tell us about the first concert you attended?

I think the first one was Shakira when she wasn’t very famous yet, she only had Spanish songs (I’m venenzuelan and it was back in my country) But the first American band that I liked and actually went to my country was the Backstreet boys!! Back when they did Quit Playin’ Games (with my Heart) – God I’m old!

If you could hang out with one musician - living or dead - who would it be and why?

Kurt Cobain, duh! Because he’s THE dark/sexy bad-boy of music and left too many unanswered questions behind.


Lastly, what is one thing you love most about music?

I LOVE lyrics as much as I love writing, reading and any type of words thrown together. Plus, It has an amazing magical ability to take you back to any moment of your life in half a second!

**Sab's photo was taken by: DH photographer

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Awesome Interview!

Beautiful girl BTW

Anonymous said...

Love the interview! Thank you!

A Passion For Books said...

Great Interview!!

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!