Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Waiting on Wednesday


Lifted by Wendy Toliver

Release Date: June 8th, 2010

Poppy Browne is none too thrilled to be the new girl in Pleasant Acres, Texas--especially after her mother enrolls her in a private Baptist school. But to her delight, Poppy is pulled into the cool clique on her first day at Calvary High, and her new friends, Mary Jane and Whitney, are as genuinely nice as they are gorgeous and rich. The catch? Her new pals have a nasty shoplifting habit, and before long Poppy is also a theft enthusiast. But when the girls' addictions get out of hand and friendships are threatened, it's up to Poppy to set things right ....

11 comments:

Steph Su said...

It has the same exactly cover as Everything Is Fine by Ann Dee Ellis, lol.

Sara said...

This looks like a good book! It sounds like a fun, light-hearted read :)

Tales of Whimsy said...

Super cute cover :)

prophecygirl said...

Ooh this sounds good! I just read what Steph said, and I thought I recognised the cover. lol.

Mandy said...

I've been drooling over this cover for awhile now, but this is the first time I've seen the description, so thank you!

Carla said...

This sounds good! great pick :-)

Sab H. said...

Yay you! You always have great picks! Thanks for the heads up.. ;D

Krista/Tower of Books said...

I was going to say the same thing as Steph Su. :P

Amberdenise said...

The cover is almost exactly like the one for Safe by Susan Shaw. Only thing missing is the ugly orange car door. ..

Amy said...

I knew I saw this cover before!
As for the synopsis, it sounds slightly predictable. hhmmmm, not sure on this one, but I'll be interested to see what you think of it.
--amy

Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed this book!