Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Teaser Tuesday



How Teaser Tuesday works from Should Be Reading:

Grab your current read.
Let the book fall open to a random page.
Share with us two (2) “teaser” sentences from that page, somewhere between lines 7 and 12. You also need to share the title of the book that you’re getting your “teaser” from … that way people can have some great book recommendations if they like the teaser you've given!
Please avoid spoilers!


Persistence of Memory by Amelia Atwater-Rhodes

Sixteen-year-old Erin Misrahe just wants to be like everyone else in her new school. But Erin has more to worry about than passing AP Chemistry or making friends. In times of stress, she has always been overcome by her alter ego, Shevaun, whose violent behavior wreaks havoc on those around her. Erin can never remember anything about these episodes, and she’s grateful to have been spared them for a while.But when a protective friend comes back into Erin’s life, he insists that Shevaun is a vampire who actually exists apart from Erin. Shevaun has dangerous allies, like the handsome witch Adjila—and they’re determined to sever Shevaun’s connection to Erin once and for all.


I didn't exactly follow the rules this time *ducks*, but I really like this little convo between Sassy (he's a guy by the way - still not loving that nickanme for him), and Erin. This is from page 91:


"You kissed my alter?" Erin gasped. "My psychopathic, homicidal alter?"

"In my defense, it's not like I was in the ward because I was of sound mind."

"That's just creepy. Please tell me that's as far as it went."

"That's as far as it went."

"Are you lying?"

"Yes, but never mind it. Look, dinner's here. Perfect timing."


♥Amber

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great teaser! I really need to read this one.

Erika Powell said...

great teaser, that is really funny and great writing.

-.- said...

I like the teaser! I use to love reading Amelia Atwater-Rhodes books when I was younger. I really should go and check her books out again.

~ Popin

~THE OPTIMISTIC PESSIMIST ~ said...

That is an interesting teaser!

Anonymous said...

HA!