Sunday, April 5, 2009

In My Mailbox (10)

In My Mailbox was created by The Story Siren as a neat way to see what everyone else is reading. And a reason for me to secretly envy all the other bloggers out there.


♥Amber's Mailbox


I received a few books in the mail which had me grinning because I usually don't get anything in the mail.



Heavenly by Jennifer Laurens

I met someone who changed everything. Matthias. My autistic sister's guardian angel. Honest. Inspiring. Funny. Hot. And immortal. That was the problem. What could I do? I did what any other girl would do-I fell in love with him.

Zoë's sister darts in front of cars. Her brother's a pothead. Her parents are so overwhelmed; they don't see Zoë lost in her broken life. Zoë escapes the only way she knows how: partying. Matthias, a guardian sent from Heaven, watches over Zoë's autistic sister. After Zoë is convinced he's legit, angel and lost girl come together in a love that changes destiny. But Heaven on Earth can't last forever.


--I let out a major squeak when I opened the book and Jennifer had signed it! This is my first book signed by an author. She also sent a copy of her next book trailer for the sequel to Heavenly.

On Saturday I let out a squeal because author Tonya Hurely sent me a nice sized package with this inside:






Ghostgirl by Tonya Hurley

Charlotte Usher feels practically invisible at school, and then one day she really is invisible. Even worse: she's dead. And all because she choked on a gummy bear. But being dead doesn't stop Charlotte from wanting to be popular; it just makes her more creative about achieving her goal.





Ghostgirl: Homecoming

Charlotte Usher discovers that the afterlife isn't quite what she pictured when she's forced to intern at a hotline for troubled teens. Before she can officially cross over, she'll have to be a source of guidance for one such teen. The problem is she doesn't have much advice to offer since dying hasn't exactly boosted her confidence level. But when Hawthorne High's leading, love-to-hate cheerleader Petula and her gothic little sis' Scarlet find themselves suddenly resting-in-peace in comas, Charlotte's opportunity to save them will prove to be the risk of a lifetime-for all of them.


Some of you might have seen the blog where I posted how excited I was that my sister was reading - all thanks to Twilight. We live in a very small town where the only thing we have close to a bookstore is Wal-Mart. (And it only has about three shelves of halfway decent books.) My sister finished New Moon and said it was a must she get Eclipse. So Saturday afternoon we drove an hour away just to get books! I was a very happy camper, too bad I was kind of broke so I didn't get to buy lots. At one of our book stops, we went to Barnes & Noble where I got:



Zombie Queen of Newbury High by Amanda Ashby

Quiet, unpopular, non-cheerleading Mia is blissfully happy. She is dating super hot football god Rob, and he actually likes her and asked her to prom! Enter Samantha—cheerleading goddess and miss popularity— who starts making a move for Rob. With prom in a few days, Mia needs to act fast. So she turns to her best friend, Candice, and decides to do a love spell on Rob. Unfortunately, she ends up inflicting a zombie virus onto her whole class, making herself their leader! At first she is flattered that everyone is treating her like a queen. But then zombie hunter hottie Chase explains they are actually fattening her up, because in a few days, Mia will be the first course in their new diet. She’s sure she and Chase can figure something out, but she suggests that no one wear white to prom, because things could get very messy.


I also picked up a copy of the paperback edition of Audrey, Wait! by Robin Benway. You know, the one with all the awesome reviews on the back from bloggers. And I snagged the newest copy of the tv show Supernatural magazine. What can I say, I heart those Winchester boys to pieces!

Then we stopped at a Wal-Mart there where they have a much bigger selection of books (insert my wtf look here) and I grabbed the only book I was missing from my Sarah Dessen collection: Someone Like You

And I may or may not have bought a Twilight shirt that had a picture of James on it...don't judge me.

PS - My sister stayed up until 5 AM this morning reading Eclipse then took a power nap, woke back up, and finished the book. Now she's all sorts of flipping out because she didn't pick up a copy of Breaking Dawn. I'm telling you, complete miracle is happening here!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I HATE you! You have Ghostgirl!! I would kill for that book! :)

Jen said...

I got a Heavenly too! Its super-good so far ^_^

Ghostgirl looks great!

prophecygirl said...

Nice week! I hope you enjoy Ghostgirl - it's really good, and a lovely looking book!

BookChic said...

I so want the sequel to Ghostgirl. I am sending waves of jealousy in your direction, lol.

Hope you enjoy Zombie Queen, Ghostgirl, and Audrey, Wait!- all great books.

Reverie said...

nice ghostgirl pack!!! yay!i got 1 and 2 and idk when ima get to them. i hope they're good.

Bookworm said...

Great Ghostgirl pack! I have yet to start the first one, but that's some serious loot.....

Erika Powell said...

Zombie Queen is really good! hope you enjoy!

Carrie said...

Awesome Ghostgirl package!!

Liyana said...

Cheryl! It seems that Need is going to have a sequel(s)! Full link here. I'm so excited I beeped you here, lol.

Liyana said...

Wow Amber! I'm kinda envious of what you got this week. They're great!

So Many Books, So Little Time said...

The Twilight Saga got my little sister reading too. She borrowed the first from the library then went and bought all four the next day!