Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Genre Swap

Yesterday my friend Tammy came into work just raving about this book she had read. Might I add the only books Tammy loves to read are mainly books on history. Like Abe Lincoln's autobiography. Where I obviously love to read mainly young adult fiction. After talking about the book, she made me a deal. If I would read her book, she would read one of my all time favorites.

So this morning I went to work with a copy of This Lullaby by Sarah Dessen and Tammy handed over a copy of:



The Shepherd of the Hills by Harold Bell Wright


The only time I would probably ever pick up this book might have been back in high school if I was assigned to read it. Same thing with Tammy, she'd never pick up a Dessen novel. Now that I have it, I'm half way excited to read it - but shh! we'll keep that a secret since I've been giving her so much crap about it. The book was written in 1907 and is all about the area that I live in. I think it's going to be interesting to see what we think of each other's favorite reads.

♥Amber

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL! Good luck with that! I can't wait to see your thoughts on this one.

Jen said...

Good luck ^_^ Im really curious about it

GreenBeanTeenQueen said...

That is a very cool idea. I challenged my co-workers at the library to read YA books during Teen Read Week last year.
I was going to mention to you that in Branson, which is close to where I'm at, this big is big! They even have a Shepard of the Hills attraction with all sorts of stuff and do a play in the summer. But, if you live in the area, you probably know that already! Are you in MO too? I'm in Springfield.

GreenBeanTeenQueen said...

Oh, and even though I've been to Branson like 100 times, I've never read this book either. I have seen the light display they have at Shepard of the Hills in December and gone to the top of Inspiration Point or whatever that thing is called. I'm interested to hear what you have to say about the book!

Rhonda Helms said...

ooooh cool idea! Hope the book is good.

I just finished This Lullaby a few days ago--LOVED it.

GreenBeanTeenQueen said...

Yay for other MO friends!! I'm at The Library Center and you'll have to stop by soon-we're re-doing our teen space, it's going to look very cool-I'm really excited about it.