Friday, April 17, 2009

Review - Something, Maybe by Elizabeth Scott

Something, Maybe by Elizabeth Scott


Released: March 2009
Publisher: Simon Pulse
Genre: Young Adult - Contemporary
Pages: 217
Source: Bought

Rating: ♥♥♥♥

Everyone thinks their parents are embarrassing, but Hannah knows she's got them all beat. Her dad made a fortune showcasing photos of pretty girls and his party lifestyle all over the Internet, and her mom was once one of her dad's girlfriends and is now the star of her own website. After getting the wrong kind of attention for way too long, Hannah has mastered the art of staying under the radar...and that's just how she likes it.


Of course, that doesn't help her get noticed by her crush. Hannah's sure that gorgeous, sensitive Josh is her soul mate. But trying to get him to notice her; wondering why she suddenly can't stop thinking about another guy, Finn; and dealing with her parents make Hannah feel like she's going crazy. Yet she's determined to make things work out the way she wants — only what she wants may not be what she needs....



From the beginning, I knew I was going to enjoy Hannah. She says words like "craptastic" and calls people "asshats" just like me. Plus Hannah's family life was so different, you couldn't help but get sucked into it. You have a mother who is struggling to stay in the spotlight, and a father who is basically a Hugh Hefner wannabee. No wonder the girl doesn't want anymore attention drawn her way!

The friendship between her and Teagan is another thing that drew me in. I think why I enjoyed it so much is because Hannah and Teagan sound a lot like my friend Shell and me when we have a conversation. Teagan even with her own insecurities is just the friend that Hannah needs. She shoots it to her straight, keeping her level headed about things.

Now onto the two boys: Josh and Finn. When a character is stuck in a some what of a love triangle, there is always a guy you are rooting for. Usually I give them a few chapters before I pick which one I'm all about. Josh is appealing with his poetic side and all, but Finn was just...Finn! I loved him! His personality and stuttering were so adorable. He had me cracking up so much in this story, especially when he talks crap about Josh, like in this passage:

"Hannah, I just...I want you to know that if I pause a lot when I tell you how special you are, it's because I want you to think I'm very...very...deep."


If anyone wants to send me a Finn for my birthday (April 29th), I will not object! Just make sure he's in his twenties, cause anything younger might be considered illegal in some states. I wouldn't even care if he chucked a chocolate bar at my head because he knows that's just what a girl needs sometimes. Okay, I'll stop before this becomes the I ♥ Finn Show.

After this book was done and over, I couldn't help but have a smile on my face. Elizabeth Scott delivered a very cute and funny love story. After reading her blog and interviewing her, I can really see her personality in this book. I'm cannot wait to see what she has in store for us next!

♥amber

6 comments:

Jen said...

Wow, this looks really good ^_^ Hope you get that Finn for your next birhday!

prophecygirl said...

lol, great review! I'm Team Finn too :) Hmmm... maybe we can get someone to make him for you. That'd be one hell of a birthday present!

Katie said...

Ahh, this looks so good!

Bookworm said...

Amazing review! I am DYING to read this one, good thing I just requested a copy at my library! And I can't wait to find out who this Finn guy is....(:

Anonymous said...

LoL! Love the review! If I find a Finn I will send him your way!

GreenBeanTeenQueen said...

I can't wait to read this one!:)