Wednesday, September 16, 2009

BBAW Meme

Do you snack while you read? If so, favorite reading snack?

Yes, but I don't have a favorite.  Just whatever will fit in my mouth.  This also might explain why I've gained so much weight over the past two years.


Do you tend to mark your books as you read, or does the idea of writing in books horrify you?

It doesn't horrify me, but I don't do it. If there is a quote or a passage that sticks out, I just jot down the page number on a post-it note.  Post-its rock.

How do you keep your place while reading a book? Bookmark? Dog-ears?

Bookmark, bill, envelope, book light, or whatever is laying around.

Laying the book flat open?

Nope.

Fiction, Non-fiction, or both?

Fiction of course! I find facts extremely boring. I'd rather dive into someone's imagination.

Hard copy or audiobooks?

Hard copy. I'd like to listen to audiobooks, but my car only has a radio. At home I'd rather listen to music.

Are you a person who tends to read to the end of chapters, or are you able to put a book down at any point?

I like to get to the end of the chapter, but if I'm in a hurry, I'll put the book down just where ever.
If you come across an unfamiliar word, do you stop to look it up right away?

No, I just keep reading.

What are you currently reading?

Meet the Annas by Robert Dunn and Lock and Key by Sarah Dessen.

What is the last book you bought?

Julie & Julia by Julie Powell.  I saw the movie last Sunday, and had to go grab a copy.

Are you the type of person that only reads one book at a time or can you read more than one at a time?

I'm always reading more than one book.

Do you have a favorite time of day and/or place to read?

Not really.  Just whenever I can squeeze in some time.  But I do try to read at least a chapter before bed.

Do you prefer series books or stand alone books?

I like both. If a series is done right, they are more enjoyable just because you get so much more out of the characters.

Is there a specific book or author that you find yourself recommending over and over?

Yep. That would be Sarah Dessen. She rocks.

How do you organize your books? (By genre, title, author’s last name, etc.?)
 
Mostly by genre.
 

♥amber

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I agree with most of your answers. But I never dogear or write in books. *cringe* lol

Debbie's World of Books said...

Glad to hear that you recommend Dessen so much. I just borrowed two of her books from the library.

prophecygirl said...

I don't know how you read more than one book at a time.. I can't do it!

Anonymous said...

Lock and key is great!