Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday

I haven't done a WOW post in forever, but holy schnikes, Batman when I saw this beauty of a cover, I knew I HAD to do one!


Tempest by Julie Cross
Release Date: January 2012

The year is 2009. Nineteen-year-old Jackson Meyer is a normal guy… he’s in college, has a girlfriend… and he can travel back through time. But it’s not like the movies – nothing changes in the present after his jumps, there’s no space-time continuum issues or broken flux capacitors – it’s just harmless fun.


That is… until the day strangers burst in on Jackson and his girlfriend, Holly, and during a struggle with Jackson, Holly is fatally shot. In his panic, Jackson jumps back two years to 2007, but this is not like his previous time jumps. Now he’s stuck in 2007 and can’t get back to the future. Desperate to somehow return to 2009 to save Holly but unable to return to his rightful year, Jackson settles into 2007 and learns what he can about his abilities.


But it’s not long before the people who shot Holly in 2009 come looking for Jackson in the past, and these “Enemies of Time” will stop at nothing to recruit this powerful young time-traveler. Recruit… or kill him. Piecing together the clues about his father, the Enemies of Time, and himself, Jackson must decide how far he’s willing to go to save Holly… and possibly the entire world. 

How did I seriously not know about this book?! It sounds amazingly awesome! I've always loved anything to do with time travel (why hai there Back to the Future) so I'm definitely going to put this on my pre-order list. And that cover? BEAUTIFUL!

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is an amazing cover!! The synopsis also sounds incredible! Awesome pick! I am adding it now!

Danielle said...

Beautiful cover! This synopsis sounds so good and so different! I'm adding this to my TBR. :)

Why is 2012 so far away?

YA Book Queen said...

I like the sound of this one - great pick! :)

Jessi E. said...

I got to talk to Julie at ALA, and she said the same photographer that did the Hush, Hush cover did this one... And the models are jumping on trampolines!!!!!

Cecelia said...

I hadn't heard of this one until today, but I'm fully on board with the time traveling and mysterious enemies and that beautiful cover art. Great pick!

If you’d like, you can check out my WoW here.

Nikki (Wicked Awesome Books) said...

How did you not know about this book? How did I not know about this book? It sounds incredible! And that cover is OMG freaking gorgeous! *runs to add it to Goodreads*

I am going to stalk this book's progress, so I can get a copy as soon as humanly possible! Thanks for sharing it.

Unknown said...

I agree, the cover is stellar!

Erica said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE that gorgeous cover. It sounds quite awesome too. Awesome pick1!!

Midnight Bloom said...

Awesome pick! I first heard about Tempest not long ago when the cover was revealed and instantly added it to my constantly growing future TBR's. It sounds great! :)

Julie said...

Thanks for the mention and all the great comments!!

Sab H. said...

I dont know if i love the cover. It reminds me too much of Hush Hush's. It almost seems like they tried to replicate it, since the font even looks alike.

But I hadn't heard of this one so thanks for posting! Time-travel is always my thing :)

Tales of Whimsy said...

Ooooooooooooooooooooo what a gorgeous cover.

prophecygirl said...

Oh wow. Look at that cover. Definitely wishlisting this!