Sunday, June 5, 2011

Questions for a reader....

A friend of mine posted this on Facebook, and I thought what perfect place to do mine than here! Plus I kind of wanted to blow some of the dust off my blog since I've been too wrapped up in school and other things to really get to read a lot besides tour books and those are scheduled posts.

Feel free to do the survey on your blog or even in the comments below!


1. Which book has been on your shelves the longest?
Since all of my books are currently in storage besides one box, the first oldest book that pops into mind is my Little House on the Prairie boxset my dad bought me in the 3rd grade.

2. What is your current read, your last read and the book you'll read next?
Currently reading Love Story by Jennifer Echols.  Last read was Don't Stop Now by Julie Halpern (AWESOME! Review will be up soon on this one). And I'll be reading A Need So Beautiful by Suzanne Young next.

3. What book did everyone like and you hated?
Ummmmm....I'll go with the people who for some reason seem to think Breaking Dawn was actually good. Some of you might say the entire series itself, but I actually enjoyed the series. It was just the hype that I found annoying. But Breaking Dawn. Seriously. WTF what that?!

4. Which book do you keep telling yourself you'll read, but you probably won't?
Probably Harry Potter. That's right. I've never read it, and even though I've enjoyed the movies, I just doubt I'll ever get around to them.

5. Which book are you saving for "retirement?"
IT by Stephen King. I'm not really that huge of a Stephen King fan, but I told myself my freshman year of high school that I would one day finish that thing.

6. Last page: read it first or wait till the end?
I used to read it first, but a few years ago I somehow broke that habit and now I don't even bother peaking through a book besides reading the first few pages to know if it'll grab me or not.

7. Acknowledgements: waste of ink and paper or interesting aside?
Acknowledgments are the first thing I read when I get a book! Maybe it's the writer in me? I'm always curious who helped the author get to the point that they're at.

8. Which book character would you switch places with?
Remy in This Lullaby or maybe Anna from Anna and the French Kiss. For the obvious reasons.

9. Do you have a book that reminds you of something specific in your life (a person, a place, a time)?
Any R.L. Stine books takes me back to 4th grade when some friends and I had our own Goosebumps club and would have parties at one another's house, eat pizza, watch a movie, (*whispers* sneak outside to play spin the bottle), but never once actually discussed a book. It was still a lot of fun though.

10. Name a book you acquired in some interesting way.
I got a book once called Whores of the Lost Atlantis from a friend. I won't explain her randomness of why, but it was pretty funny.

11. Have you ever given away a book for a special reason to a special person?
Sure have!

12. Which book has been with you to the most places?
Queen of Babble went to a New Kids on the Block concert with me.

13. Any "required reading" you hated in high school that wasn't so bad ten years later?
Sure haven't because there was only one book I hated and that was The Great Gastby. No one will change my mind that this book in fact sucked greatly.

14. What is the strangest item you've ever found in a book?
A feather.

15. Used or brand new?
Both! Usually whatever saves me money is what I'm game on.

16. Stephen King: Literary genius or opiate of the masses?
I'm really not and never have been a huge Stephen King fan. I mean sure there is the quest of finishing IT one day, but he's just not my cup of tea. I always find it so hard to get into his stories because they drag for me, but the dude has one creative mind.

17. Have you ever seen a movie you liked better than the book?
Yeah there was some made for TV movie that was based off a....well crap, I don't even remember. Had a girl in it named Sarah who was a witch. The book was pretty lame. The movie was kind of lame too, but it was way better than the book.

18. Conversely, which book should NEVER have been introduced to celluloid?
I'm just going to be honest here. I have no idea what the world celluloid means, and I just looked it which made this question not make any sense to me so I'm just going to leave my answer like this: I have no idea.

19. Have you ever read a book that's made you hungry, cookbooks being excluded from this question?
None that come to mind.

20. Who is the person whose book advice you'll always take?
These lovelies: Cheryl from a mother; a dreamer; a writer (aka the chick who used to run JYTBB with me), Sab from Ya Bliss, Erica from The Book Cellar, Jenny from Wondorous Reads, and a handful of friends who don't blog.

7 comments:

Helen's Book Blog said...

Great questions. I think I'll do this on my blog as well, but I am not sure how I'll answer some of them! I'm a little afraid to ask why you had a book with you at a New Kids on the Block concert!

Gemma said...

This looks fun! Especially your answers. Mind if I do it on my blog too?

Just Your Typical Book Blog said...

Helen - It was a long wait to get inside :)

Gemma - Please do! I'd love to see your answers.

Ashley @ Book Labyrinth said...

These are some fun questions. I like filling out surveys like this. I posted my answers on my blog here. =)

Kelly said...

I am so glad I'm not the only one who hates The Great Gatsby! This was a fun post. I did it on my blog, too: http://thebookscapereport.blogspot.com

Sab H. said...

oooh! This is so cool! I will have to do this too! And OMG I would switch places with Remy or Anna in a heartbeat. And I feel SO MUCH BETTER now that I can come out of the closet and admit I have NOT read Harry Potter either! :P

Anonymous said...

Haha I see you did not like Great Gatsby. I have to read it before summer ends since it is a required reading. Love your blog! I followed you!