Thursday, June 4, 2009

Rock This! Thursday

Ballads of Suburbia by Stephanie Kuehnert

Kara hasn't been back to Oak Park since the end of junior year, when a heroin overdose nearly killed her and sirens heralded her exit. Four years later, she returns to face the music. Her life changed forever back in high school: her family disintegrated, she ran around with a whole new crowd of friends, she partied a little too hard, and she fell in love with gorgeous bad-boy Adrian, who left her to die that day in Scoville Park....

Amid the music, the booze, the drugs, and the drama, her friends filled a notebook with heart breakingly honest confessions of the moments that defined and shattered their young lives. Now, finally, Kara is ready to write her own.



I've been anticipating this book for a while now. I absolutely loved Stephanie's first novel, I Wanna Be Your Joey Ramone, and had a feeling that her next release was going to be just as good. I won an ARC of Ballads through a contest Stephanie held on her blog for spreading the word. I have no shame in saying I did a complete giddy dance when it came in the mail. I probably should be reading the other books in my TBR pile, this one got bumped up, and so far it is excellent! Make sure to look out for this one next month or you can even save a few dollars if you pre-order from Amazon or Barnes & Noble.

♥amber

3 comments:

prophecygirl said...

I agree - this one does sound brilliant! And I love the cover :)

Busy Bookblogger said...

I have heard such great things about this one! Can't wait to pick it up! :)

Anonymous said...

I have heard a lot about this one.