Thursday, June 18, 2009

Rock This! Thursday - Concert Edition

Rock This! Thursday features books that are about or centered around one of our favorite things in life: music!

This week, I decided to expand and talk about another thing I enjoy doing: Concerts. I don't go to enough of them, but this summer I'm hitting up a couple, so I thought I would share with you one of my favorite concerts that happened in November of last year.

The whole thing was a last minute trip for my friends and I. Ashlynne had called me the night before saying she had four tickets to go see Rev Theory, Trapt, and Hinder. Of course I said heck to the yea! We called up Sara and Shell, they were down for the cause.

The concert was at The Shrine, a smaller venue that I love, in Springfield. One thing I enjoy the most out of a concert experience (depending on the bands of course) is being able to thrash around with the lights going, the music pumping, and the floor vibrating your entire body because it is so loud in there. Being able to jump around and scream your head off, it's just awesome.

Here are some pictures (they're not the best, but click to make them bigger):






Rev Theory. I only knew one of their songs and for the life of me, I can't remember what it was. But they were really good and the lead singer was super short like me.


Trapt became one of my new favorite bands that night.





Hinder. They were great and sounded awesome live.


Random highlights of what happened out on the floor that night:

001. Towards the end of the show, I looked over to see Ashlynne, who was kind of iffy when we first got there, getting down and playing the air guitar with some old guy to "Born to be Wild." The girl makes friends no matter where she goes.
002. Shell and I being doing "the Hinder" at the Hinder concert! What is the Hinder you ask? Well, if you have ever seen the lead singer in a video, you might recall that weird thing he does with his arm all the time. It's an inside joke, but quite funny for us.
003. Seeing Shell's mommy instincts kick in when she saw some little kid in the mosh pit and jumped in to save him. We're still not for certain if he wanted to be saved.
004. Ashlynne smokes Swisher Sweets and while she was jumping and smoking she happen to catch this guy's hoodie on fire. He was too busy rockin' out to notice. So while she was jumping, she smacked his arm over and over to get the fire out.
005. Sara taking a picture of Ash and Shell just so we could have a picture of the guy we thought looked like a Jonas brother.

But the best part of the night was of course rockin' out with my girls again!





♥amber

4 comments:

prophecygirl said...

Great post! It looks like you had a lot of fun :)

I love concerts! I'm ging to see Brand New next week - can't wait!

Cindy said...

I think Hinder is great, sounds like an awesome time :)

Lenore Appelhans said...

Ah how fun! I love to go to concerts and just went to two last week.

Book Butterfly (Kim) said...

Great post! I haven't been to a contest in so long, you gave me the fever!