Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Review - Feast of Fools by Rachel Caine

Feast of Fools: The Morganville Vampires Book Four by Rachel Caine

Warning: If you haven't read books 1-3, this review will be containing some spoilers.

Every time I get to an end of book in this series, I stop and go, "whaaaaat?!" That is a very good thing too by the way. For our main girl Claire and her roomies, Michael, Eve, and Shane - they can never catch a break. Right when they want to just chill out, something else pops up. When you live a town ran by vamps, what else can you expect?

This time things are getting deeper when the arrival of Mr. Bishop. Now I thought Monica Morrell was crazier then heck until Myrnin came along. But they don't have anything on Mr. Bishop. You know in vamp movies the really old and terrifying vampire that comes along to kill everyone? That's kind of how I picture him. He also brought friends, Ysandre who has her eyes set on making Shane her lap dog and Francois who seems to be Bishop's lap dog. To add to the last thing Claire needs, her parents just moved to Morganville.

The arrival of Mr. Bishop has everyone (vamps included) on edge. As you read, you find out why no one is letting their guard down. Mr. Bishop is ancient, as in Amelie's 'father' and when a formal ball is announced, you just know things are not going to be good.

I enjoyed seeing a more...not so romantic side for Shane and Claire, but you can see their relationship kind of growing a lot since the first book. Plus I love the softer side of Shane when you see you how much he does care for her.
The story keeps up with the plot line, surprises happening here and there. It's becoming clear that you really do not know who to trust. One thing is that while the other three books kept me going where I never wanted to put it down, the middle of this one seemed a little slower than usual. The end made up for it with excellent twists, and I'm already on book five to see what is going to happen next.




♥amber

2 comments:

prophecygirl said...

Another great Morganville review! This one wasn't my favourite, but I still really enjoyed it. The cover is the best, IMO!

Cindy said...

Hmm, sounds like something I'd enjoy :)