Sunday, June 7, 2009

In My Mailbox

In My Mailbox was a meme created by Kristi over at The Story Siren as a fun way to share what everyone got.


I had a happy mailbox this week. In contests, I received:


If I Stay by Gayle Forman

In a single moment, everything changes. Seventeenyear- old Mia has no memory of the accident; she can only recall riding along the snow-wet Oregon road with her family. Then, in a blink, she fi nds herself watching as her own damaged body is taken from the wreck...

A sophisticated, layered, and heartachingly beautiful story about the power of family and friends, the choices we all make—and the ultimate choice Mia commands.





Evolution, Me and Other Freaks of Nature by Robin Brande

Your best friend hates you. The guy you liked hates you. Your entire group of friends hates you.

All because you did the right thing.

Welcome to life for Mena, whose year is starting off in the worst way possible. She's been kicked out of her church group and no one will talk to her—not even her own parents. No one except for Casey, her supersmart lab partner in science class, who's pretty funny for the most brilliant guy on earth.

And when Ms. Shepherd begins the unit on evolution, school becomes more dramatic than Mena could ever imagine . . . and her own life is about to evolve in some amazing and unexpected ways.





Ballads of Suburbia by Stepahnie Kuehnert

Kara hasn't been back to Oak Park since the end of junior year, when a heroin overdose nearly killed her and sirens heralded her exit. Four years later, she returns to face the music. Her life changed forever back in high school: her family disintegrated, she ran around with a whole new crowd of friends, she partied a little too hard, and she fell in love with gorgeous bad-boy Adrian, who left her to die that day in Scoville Park....

Amid the music, the booze, the drugs, and the drama, her friends filled a notebook with heartbreakingly honest confessions of the moments that defined and shattered their young lives. Now, finally, Kara is ready to write her own.

--With this, I also got the soundtrack to Ballads (a very awesome choice of songs by the way), and a signed copy of I Wanna Be Your Joey Ramone.




For review:


Stealing Margo by Chad Perry

When Baltimore attorney Margo Capolini is abducted by a well-meaning, West Virginia hillbilly, she is plunged back into her unfinished life as an 80's singer- a treacherous underworld of rock music, predatory characters, and heart-wrenching tragedies. News accounts of Margo's brush with death propels her into the national spotlight, where she finds herself in pitted against the adult daughter she abandoned at birth- in a contest that can have no winners. Do past mistakes have a life of their own? What lies beyond death? What was it like to be an 80's female pop star? Stealing Margo is driven by spiritual mysteries, unfulfilled desires, and the overpowering love for a daughter Margo has never known. Like racing a Porsche on a West Virginia back road, when Stealing Margo reaches its destination, you'll know you've been for a ride.

The bought:

Books 3-6 of the Morganville Vampire Series by Rachel Caine. I did a happy dance when those came in too.

That's all for me, what did everyone else get?

♥amber


12 comments:

Katie said...

You got some amazing books this week. I am so jealous of Ballads of Suburbia. I really want to read that and I love the cover. Happy reading!

Tasha said...

If I Stay is amazing and I am very jealous of Ballads of Suburbia. Happy reading!

So Many Books, So Little Time said...

If I Stay and the Morganville books are amazing. Happy reading!

vvb32 reads said...

Stealing Margo sounds interesting with its 80's genre. Enjoy.

Anonymous said...

Alot of great books I need to read. Enjoy!

prophecygirl said...

Great week guys! Ballads of Suburbia looks ace :)

Library Lounge Lizard said...

Lots of great books! I agree, Ballads of Suburbia looks really good!

Rebecca said...

Awesome books you got this week. I have If I Stay on my shelf. ENjoy.

Jacqueline C. said...

Nice list. Here are mine. (1) and (2)

♔ jessica.marie said...

Oh those all look like amazing books, I hope you enjoy reading them.

I also received a copy of If I Stay, quite some time ago now, but I have yet to read it because I am away at school and I have all my packages sent home. >_<

Lenore Appelhans said...

I can't wait to see what you get as your "mystery" books in the Penguin prize pack!

Cindy said...

enjoy :)