Monday, October 26, 2009

Will you be doing NaNoWriMo?

For those of you that don't know being an author has pretty much been my dream since I was about 10. While I've tried and tried, I've never finished one of my wannabe novels.  (I have over about thirty stories or more just dying for an ending.) At the beginning of this year, I told myself if I did not finish one of my stories, I was giving up on the dream all together. Due to many things in life getting in the way, guess what? I still haven't written a novel.  So, I signed up for NaNoWriMo.

I'm sure most of you know what NaNoWriMo is. For those of you that don't, I will give you a quick run down. The idea is start with a new story on November 1st, and write your novel by the end of the month. The minimum requirement is 50,000 words. 

For my NaNo novel, I didn't exactly start out with a fresh new idea. It's more of an old story idea that I stripped down to its' undies and started over with. So in this round about way, it's still a new fresh idea. (At least that's what I'm telling myself so everyone just go with it.)

While I love reading Young Adult, I cannot write it to save my life. I've tried many times, but it just doesn't work for me. A lot of my stories are about girls, like me, who are in their early twenties. We'll go with the genre of Women's Fiction for now.

Here is my awesome cover art my muse and blogging partner, Cheryl, made for me. Along with my very weak attempt at writing a synopsis.







The Unexpected Clash of Strangers

Everything in Grace's life was going great. At least, semi-great until the day she finds herself caught in a random winter storm wearing a red sequin flapper dress and reeking of tequila. If matters couldn't be worse, she runs into ex-husband, Stephen, and his new fiancée.


In a desperate attempt not to loose in the ex-game; she blurbs out that she has landed a starring role in a movie, and that a stranger walking down the street is her new boyfriend, Ethan. What should have been a one time lie spins completely out of control. Suddenly Grace finds herself having to fake a relationship with a stranger and somehow put together a movie. Can she pull it off? Or has this struggling actress taken on much more than she bargained for?


To make sure I really give NaNoWriMo my all, I'm making myself MIA from blogging for the first week of November.  I did say I was going to be MIA from everything else on the net, but I'm still going to be checking in on things. 

If you are planning on signing up this year or already have, feel free to add me to your buddy list:

Username: sammyjones57

♥amber

7 comments:

Kim said...

I love your synopsis :) Hope this story will be completed!

Bri Ahearn said...

Love the synopsis, and the cover art is CRAZY fun. I definitely want to read snippets! I love that she's starring in a movie - what a funny lie.

brizmus said...

Congrats on participating! I love your synopsis, cover, and title. I hope you'll finish this time!

Thao said...

Good luck with your writing. I'm planning to participate in NaNoWriMo this year too.

suzie townsend said...

sounds fun, good luck!

Donna (Bites) said...

Just a tip, you have to make time for writing, not find it.

Cecelia said...

Best of luck! I like the synopsis...I'm picturing many hilarious encounters and fun times.

I think I'm going to do NaNo, too...but I may just leave it till the last second... :)