Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Rock This! Thursday - Country Strong Edition

Rock This! Thursday is a weekly feature where I discuss books that are about or centered around one thing we love the most: MUSIC! Once in a while I'll even throw in a concert story, a band/artist you should hear, or feature bloggers and authors in an interview.

If you are an author or blogger who would like to swing by and discuss books and music with us, shoot us an email: justyourtypicalbookblog(at)hotmail(dot)com


I. Can't. Stop. Watching.

Brace yourselves ladies and gents.



What was that you ask? That was Garrett Hedlund (!!) and Leighton Messer's duet in their upcoming film, Country Strong. (In theaters January 7th).

I won't go into my I'm a huge Garrett Hedlund fan spill. Most readers already know this, and if you didn't, you do now. When Garrett was put in the cast, the one thing I was looking forward to was hearing him sing. Between the soundtrack and promotions there has been two songs of his released:

Chances Are


Silver Wings


Me being a big fan, I knew I was going to be a bit biased when his tracks came out, but I was blown away by his voice the first time I heard it! I'm not even a big country fan, but I am liking these songs a lot!  Then that little number above came out, and I swooned. The chemistry between Beau and Chiles is fantastic! I didn't think it was possible for me to get more excited to see this, but I've been proven wrong.

Garrett Hedlund | Country Strong Website |  Buy The Soundtrack | Facebook

♥amber

5 comments:

Sab H. said...

WHOAAAAA! I had not heard of this movie! Thank you for posting this! :D

Sab H. said...

And THIS guy is seriously steamy *HOT*! Here I thought you had the worst taste ever... :P

Anonymous said...

Lovely, lovely post, my dear.

Llehn said...

I must be under a rock since I've never heard of this. Thanks for the heads up!

Vivien said...

I must be under the same rock lol also have not heard of this