Sunday, June 13, 2010

Review: Rules of Attraction by Simone Elkeles

Rules of Attraction by Simone Elkeles

Published: April 2010
Genre: Young Adult - Contemporary Fiction - Romance
Publisher: Walker & Company
Pages: 304
Source: My sister's bookshelf

Rating: ♥♥♥♥


When Carlos Fuentes returns to America after living in Mexico for a year, he doesn’t want any part of the life his older brother, Alex, has laid out for him at a high school in Colorado . Carlos likes living his life on the edge and wants to carve his own path—just like Alex did. Then he meets Kiara Westford. She doesn’t talk much and is completely intimidated by Carlos’ wild ways. As they get to know one another, Carlos assumes Kiara thinks she’s too good for him, and refuses to admit that she might be getting to him. But he soon realizes that being himself is exactly what Kiara needs right now.

---


Being a huge fan of the first book in this series, Perfect Chemistry, I was more than thrilled when I finally got my hands on this. It's hard obviously not to compare the two books together because it's the same series and they're a lot of like.

This time around we're introduced to a bad boy named Carlos.  Oh...where do I begin with him? Alex has nothing when it comes to this Fuentes brother. While borderline obnoxious, the things that would fly out of this Carlos's mouth had me laughing and sometimes blushing like mad. Sparks start to fly shortly with Kiara who was your average girl without being a typical Mary Sue. The reaction between the two were always amusing and sometimes extremely steamy. Which is why I would recommend this more for older teens rather than younger due to some scenes in the book.

Even though the plot is slightly cheesy, it still kept me glued. But you know what? I love cheesy. I can't see anyone putting this book down because while Kiara and Carlos's attraction wasn't as powerful as I thought it would be, I had to know what's going to happen to them. Simone Elekes knows how to make you care about her characters up until the very end. Did I think Rules of Attraction topped Perfect Chemistry? No, but it was still a great read. I'm so looking forward to reading the last installment of the Fuentes brothers.



♥amber

5 comments:

Sara said...

Great review!! I can't wait to read this book!

Maria said...

I love Simone Elkeles' books. Awesome review!

Patricia's Particularity said...

I can NOT WAIT to read this book! The trailer really sucks you in too!

Llehn said...

Sometimes we all need a little cheese in our lives :D

Anonymous said...

I have not read the first book in the series yet BUT I just got the second book to review and I am still going to read it, even though I haven't read the first one.. I just can not wait to read it.. I love the cover!!
Great review!