I am SO excited and honored to be hosting the The Contemps Challenge – Part 2!
What is the Contemps Challenge you ask? 20 young adult contemporary authors put together a challenge of reading 18 of their books. For 2011, they decided not to let the party stop! Why? Because they're awesome!!
From January 2011 through September 2011, Just Your Typical Book Blog (aka ME!) will be hosting monthly roundups where participants can post links to reviews of Contemps novels for the opportunity to win a SUPER AWESOME PRIZE PACK that includes 3 surprise books/ARCs and swag!
In addition to these monthly drawings, those who complete the challenge by reading AND reviewing 18 or more of our 20 titles can also be entered to win a Grand Prize of a hundred dollar gift certificate to the winner's bookstore of choice to be awarded in October 2011!
How it’s all going to work:
1. Your reviews may be published on blogs, Amazon, Barnes & Noble, Goodreads, LibraryThing, Shelfari, etc, but you may submit only ONE review per book as your entry in the monthly drawing.
2. You may review as many Contemps books as you would like in any given month
3. Contemps novels that you read in 2010 are eligible and reviews that you’ve written for those books may be used as entries for the prize packs in 2011.
4. Prize packs are open to US addresses only, except for the month of August 2011, when we'll open up the monthly drawing to international addresses as well.
5. Contemps titles for this challenge are as follows (please note that one book got bumped to 2012, so we now have 20 books total):
Losing Faith by Denise Jaden
The Duff by Kody Keplinger
Girl, Stolen by April Henry
Freefall by Mindi Scott
The Mockingbirds by Daisy Whitney
Fixing Delilah by Sarah Ockler
Fall for Anything by Courtney Summers
Trapped by Michael Northrop
Rival by Sarah Bennett Wealer
Sean Griswold’s Head by Lindsey Leavitt
Like Mandarin by Kirsten Hubbard
Family by Micol Ostow
Back When You Were Easier to Love by Emily Wing Smith
Saving June by Hannah Harrington
Between Here and Forever by Elizabeth Scott
The Day Before by Lisa Schroeder
Pearl by Jo Knowles
Small Town Sinners by Mellisa Walker
Sharks and Boys by Kristen Tracy
Want to Go Private? by Sarah Darer Littman
6. There will be an official post where you will link up your reviews every month. PLEASE DO NOT POST THEM IN THE COMMENT SECTION OF THIS POST. You will find the correct place to post your reviews by looking on the top right of my sidebar. Also, please note that The Contemps is an official site ran by the 20 authors listed above. I cannot add any books to this list.
7. There is no official sign up! Just link up your reviews for your chance to win!
If you have any questions, please feel free to leave a comment or shoot me an e-mail. Have fun everyone!!