I hope everyone had a safe and fun New Years! I know there is a superstition that whatever you're doing at midnight or the day of the New Year is how your year will be. I'm glad I'm not a superstitious person because I didn't even make it till midnight due to this lovely chest cold that I think is going to be the death of me. So if it ends up NOT being the death of me, here are some goals I have for JYTBB in 2011.
1. Read 100 books. I know there are some super bloggers out there that surpass this number like crazy. In 2010, I only ready about 60 books, and was MIA from the blogging world a lot.
2. Be more social. I used to love scouting out new blogs and commenting like crazy. We all know comments make us happy! I plan to leave more comments on people's blogs and stop just reading the posts. Everyone enjoys feedback :)
3. Keep up with Rock This! Thursday. I love my music/book feature, but sometimes there are weeks that it doesn't get posted. I'm really going to work on this so every week!
4. Start doing discussions. I love reading discussion posts on other blogs, and in a recent survey I had posted, other people had commented that I should give it a try. I think discussion posts really show off a blogger's personality! I still have that survey up if anyone wants to give me their input: clicky click here!
5. Putting for 'me' in my reviews. I've never been the type of reviewer who attacks an author or their writing. Sometimes I shy away from certain parts of a book because I hate writing a bad review. Other times I try to sound more 'professional', and ya know what? I'd rather just sound like me.
Are you doing any New Years resolutions or goals? Tell me about them in the comments!