Wednesday, December 8, 2010

The Iron Daughter by Julie Kagawa

The Iron Daughter by Julie Kagawa 
(Book #2 in the Iron Fey Series)


Released: August 2010
Publisher: Harlequin Teen
Genre: Young Adult - Paranormal - Fey
Pages: 359
Source: Library

Rating: ♥♥♥♥.5


Half Summer faery princess, half human, Meghan has never fit in anywhere. Deserted by the Winter prince she thought loved her, she is prisoner to the Winter faery queen. As war looms between Summer and Winter, Meghan knows that the real danger comes from the Iron fey—ironbound faeries that only she and her absent prince have seen. But no one believes her.


Worse, Meghan's own fey powers have been cut off. She's stuck in Faery with only her wits for help. Trusting anyone would be foolish. Trusting a seeming traitor could be deadly. But even as she grows a backbone of iron, Meghan can't help but hear the whispers of longing in her all-too-human heart.







---
Just like in the first book, I was so excited to dip right back into Julie Kagawa's imagination and get to see all the characters I had loved. There is one thing I noticed about the plot, and that there is never a dull moment. There is always something happening to Meghan, some sort of road block or new discovery that is sure to keep all readers on their toes when they dip into this series.

In the first book we learned that the Iron Fey was put into the fey realm due to the ever-growing technology we in the mortal world seem to be so obsessed with. I thought that was such an interesting and a refreshing concept to have in a book because it is SO true. I am not a tech-savvy person, and I never really plan to be because it's not my thing, but I loved how so many realistic things are incorporated in this other world. 

There's not much of the plot I can discuss without giving away something, but like I mentioned before, Julie knows how to keep the pages of turning, and there is a lot of action in this story. With the action and battles, there is also the romance side of it. Now I know without a doubt that Puck and Meghan have more of a BFF relationship, and it'll probably stick that way, and I'm glad about it. I really, really am. My love for Puck doesn't make me hate on Ash at all. I think he's a great character, but I haven't really been won over by the two of them being together. I see a connection, just not a strong enough one yet. But hey, there are still two more books that can convince me of this otherwise.

Anyhoo, for the second book in a series, which is always the hardest to win me over for some reason, this did not disappoint at all! I am so anxious to get my hands on the third book, and thankfully it comes out soon because I don't think I could wait much longer to find out what's going to happen next!

Webpage | Twitter | Amazon | Goodreads

♥amber

3 comments:

girlsinthestacks.com said...

Shannan read this awhile back, but I still haven't gotten around to it. I really enjoyed the first book.

Llehn said...

I'm wary of second books as well because I don't want it to spoil my impression of the series. Good to hear this one is great!

Kelly said...

I agree! I loved this book, and the aspect about technology is so interesting--that's one of the things that really makes this series so great for me.

I finally got a copy of The Iron Queen from the library, and I can't wait to start reading it.