The Book Vixen has set up one awesome reading challenge for 2011! The goal is to read as many YA books that were originally published in the 80s and 90s as your heart desires. The only requirement is that the book(s) have to have been first published sometime between 1980 – 1999. Find out more information here.
Seeing that I was born in 85, I'm pretty excited to go back and read all my favorites from childhood and tween years. I decided to dip back into some of my favorite series, and some I hadn't read yet so here ya go for this list:
1. Girl Talk by L.E. Blair
2. The Boy Next Door by R.L. Stine
3. Say Cheese and Die by R.L. Stine
4. Sweet Valley University by Francine Pascal
5. The Babysitter's Club by Ann M. Martin
6. The Boxcar Children by Gertrude Chandler Warner
7. Roswell High: The Wild One by Melinda Metz
Sabrina from YA Bliss is hosting a 2011 Historical Fiction Challenge. Historical Fiction is not my normal cup of tea, but I'm going to give it a try!
Choose your level:
Level 1: 5 YA HF books in 2011
Level 2: 10 YA HF books in 2011
Level 3: 15 YA HF books in 2011
All Historical Fiction books must be YA or MG
Books don't have to be 2011 releases.
Anyone can join. Please link to a public (web) place I can find you.
You can join at anytime. The challenge runs from January 1, 2011 to December 31, 2011
Find out more information on this post.
I'm choosing to take this challenge on Level 1:
1. Bright Young Things by Anna Godbersen
2. A Great and Terrible Beauty by Libba Bray
3. Revolution by Jennifer Donnelly
4. Wildwing by Emily Whitman
5. Vixen by Jillian Larkin
A couple months back, Sabrina and I were talking on twitter. She likes to take jabs at my more than comfortable style of reading. I love contemporary and paranormal. I pretty much stay with those two genres while Sab has a variety of genres she reads. So we both challenge one another to read 5 books the other one hadn't read and probably wouldn't.
|Please do not laugh at my failed attempt at a graphic :)|
1. Graceling by Kristin Cashore
2. The Demon King by Cinda Williams Chima
3. Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
4. Jellicoe Road by Melina Marchetta
5. Cate of the Lost Colony by Lisa Klein
You can no longer sign up for The Contemps Challenge, but the goal is to read 18 of the 21 books coming out in the following year.
3. Losing Faith by Denise Jaden
4. Girl, Stolen by April Henry
5. The Mockingbirds by Daisy Whitney
6. Fixing Delilah by Sarah Ockler
8. Trapped by Michael Northrop
9. Rival by Sara Bennett Wealer
10. Like Mandarin by Kirsten Hubbard
11. Saving June by Hannah Harrington
12. Between Here and Forever by Elizabeth Scott
13. Small Town Sinners by Melissa Walker
14. Sharks and Boys by Kristen Tracy
15. Want to Go Private? by Sarah Darer Littman
16. Pearl by Jo Knowles
17. Family by Micol Ostow
18. The Day Before by Lisa Schroeder