Thursday, November 26, 2009

Rock This! Thursday with The Ultimate Dumpees


I've been a horrible to Rock This! Thursday. It's been two months since I've posted anything! If you're new to the blog, Rock This! Thursday is a weekly feature where I discuss books that are about or centered around another thing I love: music! I also throw in some interviews with authors and bloggers, share some concert stories, and might even just mention a band that I think you should hear. If you would like to participate in Rock This! Thursday, shoot me an email: justyourtypicalbookblog(at)hotmail(dot)com


This week I am interviewing a fellow blogger and a good friend of mine, Brittany who runs The Ultimate Dumpees. Britt just started her blog not too long ago so after this interview you should all head over to her blog and show some love.


You're walking down the street, what song is following you?

If You Only Knew by Shinedown. That so follows me right now, lol. Lyrics fit perfectly with my life right now.


We're always up for new music. Tell us five songs we should definitely be listening to:

Breakeven by Script
Angels on the Moon by Thriving Ivory
Candles by Hey Monday
Second Chance by Shinedown
Bad Romance by Lady GaGa


What song do you think would make a great book?

Oh, hard! Humm, maybe So What by Pink. Lol, that would be a great, fun book to read.



Do you have a favorite book that is about or centered around music?

Audrey, Wait! by Robin Benway. Thanks to you, I read the book and loved it! I've read it like twice since then, and it never gets old.


What was the first tape or CD you bought?

OMG, so embarrassing. NSYNC and Gloria Estefan. That duet they did forever ago, lol.

If you could hang out with one musician - living or dead - who would it be and why?

Wow. Ummm, John Mayer. He's just, like, a God. Lol! I love his music. His songs are touching and so personal. So relatable.

Tell us about the first concert you attended.

Also, embarrassing. A free Aaron Carter concert. I went with my friend, who was obsessed with him. We got to meet him and he signed our Pooh Bear school notebooks, lol. Luckily, he was our age, which was like 10 or 11, so he didn't think it was odd.


Who's your favorite band/singer? Why are they your favorite?

That's hard. Right now my favorite band in Thriving Ivory. They are such a good band, with good music and amazing lyrics. I can really relate to a few of their songs and it's good writing and reading music.


Lastly, what is one thing you love most about music?

I love how it calms me. I can always find a song that fits my mood and that it great for me. I'll sing it out loud and I'll feel so much better after that. It's like therapy.

1 comment:

A Passion For Books said...

nice interview! I've listened to Thriving Ivory and I really like them too.