Sunday, October 11, 2009

Review: Lord of Misrule by Rachel Caine


Lord of Misrule by Rachel Caine
Book 5 in the Morganville Vampires Series

Released: Janurary 2009
Pages: 256
Publisher: Signet
Genre: Young Adult - Paranormal - Thriller/Mystery


Rating: 3 out of 5 stars

In the college town of Morganville, vampires and humans have coexisted in (relatively) bloodless harmony...until the arrival of Bishop, a master vampire who threatens to put the evil back in evil undead and smash the fragile peace. But Bishop isn't the only threat...


Violent black clouds promise a storm of devastating proportions. As student Claire Danvers and her friends prepare to defend Morganville against the elements - both natural and unnatural - the unexpected happens: Morganville's vampires begin to vanish one by one. Discovering why leads Claire to one last choice: Swear allegiance to Bishop...or die.

---

I really love this series. It's very different from most vampire stories in which you're mean Team Human than anything else. Normally I'm whizzing through these books, but this one was a bit hard for me to stick to. It focused a little bit more on the town where as I like reading about the Glass House gang. Maybe that's why this one wasn't one of my favorites. I love it when Claire, Shane (and I do love me some Shane still), Eve, and Michael are all together. But I do also understand that sometimes thing do have to be shook up a bit.

Basically all hell has broken loose in Morganville. This is kind of a normal thing but we're given much more look into what is happening now that Bishop has decided to take over. Bishop is a great villian. He's a ruthless vampire that has no mercy for anyone. With the mix of different characters through out the town, you really start questioning who's on who's side. There are so many different characters too. You never know who is going to pop up. Basically this one was more chalked full of information and plot setting. Trust me, Rachel Caine knows how to plot out a book. So while it's not one of my favorites, you can tell she's leading it up to something big to happen in the next one.


♥amber

2 comments:

Leslie said...

i completely agree! i love reading about the gang :D

Anonymous said...

SEO
very handy, thanx a lot for this article .... This was exactly what I was loojing for..