Sunday, October 23, 2011

Crossroads: Angie Frazier and Kiki Hamilton


Do you have a certain writing schedule you stick to?
 I would love to have a set schedule, but I’m stuck with grabbing my writing time whenever I can get it. Lately, I’ve been doing most of my writing at night after the kids are in bed. I require caffeine at that point! 

Favorite book you’ve written so far? 
A YA fantasy that is currently with my agent. I am so proud of this novel. It is such a departure from Everlasting and I really hope it sees the shelves some day. Wish I could say more, but…

What was the first story you ever wrote?
My first completed novel was a time travel romance that I wrote in high school! It was a terrible, historically inaccurate book, but I caught the writing bug and haven’t been able to stop since.

Your favorite thing about writing? 
I love escaping into new worlds, different times, and developing characters and watching them play out their stories.


Have you always had a fascination with the faerie world? 
I can’t say that I’ve always been fascinated with the faerie world, but what does fascinate me is the idea that there are other worlds or planes that intersect with our own, but remain unseen.

Is there one character in your story you relate to more than others? 
I do love all of my characters, and relate to them on one level or another but I’d have to say that I relate to Tiki the most.

If your series was turned into a movie or TV show, who would you cast? 
Honestly, I couldn’t tell you. The girl in my trailer is close to how I’d imagine Tiki and I saw a shot of a model once that was a dead ringer for Larkin, but I couldn’t pick any actors to portray the characters right now. Plus, I wouldn’t want to change someone’s own mental image they get from reading the book. If Hollywood comes knocking then I’ll figure it out then!

Favorite book of all-time? 
The Harry Potter series, which is (as we all know) actually seven books. Thanks so much for having me over! xo Kiki

No comments: