Thursday, March 17, 2011

Rock This! Thursday with Jenny from Wondrous Reads

I'm super freaking pumped that Jenny from Wondrous Reads is here to hang out with us! If you don't know, Jenny is a super blogger. She is very sweet, and I wish there wasn't that big freaking ocean between us because I'd love to hang out with her sometime!

 Why did you start blogging?
I wish it was a more interesting story, but it isn't. I used to post short reviews on Amazon, and one day I came home from work (also book-related) with the idea to start a blog so I could have them all in one place. And here we are!

You get such amazing books in for review! What have been some of your favorites in the past 2 months?
I do get brilliant books for review, and I appreciate each and every one. I really do. When I first started blogging, I never even knew review copies existed! Anyway, these are my favourite review books from the past couple of months: Raising Demons by Rachel Hawkins, My Soul to Take by Rachel Vincent, Paranormalcy by Kiersten White, Grace by Morris Gleitzman, Rot and Ruin by Jonathan Maberry and The Pain Merchants by Janice Hardy. And I have to mention a couple that I bought myself, as they're my favourite reads of the year so far: Artichoke Hearts by Sita Brahmachari and Soulless by Gail Carriger. Both amazing!

You're walking down the street - what song is following you?
That's a hard question. Probably 'Chocolate' by Snow Patrol.

Has reading a book ever changed your views on life?
Yes, a few times. The Book Thief by Markus Zusak, Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver and Artichoke Hearts by Sita Brahmachari have all made me rethink my own views on death, loss, family and living in the now, so to speak. Each one has touched me in different ways, and I don't think they'll ever leave me; The Book Thief especially. I think about that book every day.

Who is your favorite singer or band? Why are they your favorite?
Jimmy Eat World are my all-time favourite band, and they have been since the summer of 2001. They were the first band I ever saw live, and I just love them. Their lyrics are so meaningful and well-written, and their music has been known to make me cry. You should all check them out if you haven't already! After Jimmy Eat World, my favourites (in order) are: Coheed & Cambria, Brand New, Snow Patrol and Florence + the Machine.

If someone were to write a book on your life, what would the title be?
Oh wow, I have no idea. None at all. Ermm... [10 minutes later]... 'Living on the Hellmouth: How Vampires Changed My Life'. I would like to have that on my bookshelf. Please arrange this Amber!

Dude, I LOVE that title. I'll see what I can do about this :) Is there one song out there you've overplayed worse than a Top 40 station?
'Bleed American' by Jimmy Eat World. Let's just say it woke me up every day for around 3 years back when I used my CD player as an alarm clock.

What is your favorite book about or centered around music?
There honestly aren't any that are coming to mind. I know I own books about music, but I haven't read them yet. I'm thinking I should probably start with Stephanie Kuehnert's!

Yes, you really should. Stephanie's books are the bomb dot com. You've been given two golden concert tickets to go see any band from any decade. The only catch is you have to take a character from a book. Who are you taking and who are you two going to go see?
Haha this is a great question. I've never seen Linkin Park live, though I absolutely love them. So I'd go back to 2001 for the Hybrid Theory tour, and I'd take Conrad from The Summer I Turned Pretty. I reckon he'd like them. ;)


Awesome choice! I am a music whore who usually choices songs over bands. (Except for when it comes to Seether, of course.) What are 5 songs that we all should go listen to right now!
These are my favourite songs at the moment, and you should all go listen to them. A few can be found in various US TV shows ;)

The National - 'Lemonworld'
White Lies - 'Holy Ghost'
Bruno Mars - 'Marry You'
Morning Parade - 'Under the Stars'
Julian Casablancas - '11th Dimension'

Since you started your blog have you experienced any 'rock star blogging' moments?
When I met John Green last year, he asked me if I was "Jenny the famous blogger". I'm told my face was a picture of shocked excitement. I don't think I'll ever top that!

That is one kick ass blogging moment! Thanks again for stopping by, Jenny! For those of you who haven't been by her blog, don't forget to swing by!


♥amber

5 comments:

girlsinthestacks.com said...

Jenny, LOVE her. When we started blogging she was the first blogger we came across. Really. She has been so sweet and supportive.

We agree, we wish there wasnt a big freaking ocean between us. We want to hang out with her too!

Leanna Elle said...

Great interview! Wondrous Reads was one of the first blogs I found when I started blogging!

I wanna be your Joey Ramone by Stephanie Kuehnert is a good read. Hope you enjoy it!

SisterSpooky said...

Love this! Jenny is a mega superstar. just love her to bits! xoxo

Unknown said...

Wondrous Reads is a fab blog, my go-to place for all my YA needs. Jenny is a lovely person too, really friendly and down to earth - one of my fav bloggy peeps xx

prophecygirl said...

I love music and books, so this was like the perfect interview - thanks for letting me take over your blog, Amber!

And thanks for all the comments guys. I <3 you all xo