Sab and Erica kept talking about how wonderful this book was that I realized that I probably should take a deeper look into it.
Getting the book, I was skeptical. You know how it is when everyone and their mother is talking about a book, and you get it, and yes it's good, but you think really? Everyone's hyped up for this? I mean it was good, but it wasn't like omgamazinggood!
But oh my. Oh me oh my oh. I dove into Anna and if it wasn't because I had taken a sleeping pill to get up at 5 AM for school the next morning, I would have finished it that night. I plan on writing a very long review later on, but for now I'll give you my 8 reasons of why you simply CANNOT miss out on this book. Why 8 you ask? Because it's my favorite number and Anna and the French Kiss is one of my all time favorites now.
1. Perkins is my new Dessen. If you know me, this is a Holy Grail type of compliment.
2. Anna. She is you. She is your best friend. She is the girl sitting next to you in class. If even an ounce of your life cannot relate to Anna, you must be a pod person.
3. The writing! Stephanie Perkins is a genius. It's so free and flowing and you don't even realize your about 100 pages until you look down and go whoa!
4. Paris. It's freaking Paris people. I've never been. Don't speak the language, but I felt like I went.
5. St. Claire. Trust me, this was hard for me not to put him as number one since I'm such a character whore, but oh my....*melts*. St. Claire is such a wonderful, hilarious, gorgeous BLIND guy! He's afraid of heights which is just so freaking adorable. And kudos to the author for making him a bit of a shortie. He's also English so the accent immediately makes me flock to him. He's so awesome. And I might even love him more than Dexter from This Lullaby, but shhhh don't tell Dexter that. We've been in love for years and I know this will break his clumsy musician heart if he found out I was cheating on him with St. Claire.
6. The Hat.
7. Dialogue. You know how sometimes in a book dialogue can sometimes either lag or characters end up sounding just alike? Not with this book. Everyone has their own unique voice and it's quick. It goes together perfectly.
8. Saving the best for last: ROMANCE. I've never had so many butterflies in my stomach. It wasn't rushed. It was tested. It was so back and forth like real life. It was written beautifully, and your heart will absolutely melt through the story.
So in conclusion: I want to re-read this book now. Heck, I want to live in this book, marry it, and have its babies.Go pre-order now. NOW I SAY!