Wednesday, January 14, 2009

book request

This brilliant collection, edited by the award-winning and perenniallyprovocative Salman Rushdie, boasts a "magnificent array" (LibraryJournal) of voices both new and recognized.With Rushdie at the helm,the 2008 edition "reflects the variety of substance and style and the consistent quality that readers have come to expect" (Publishers Weekly).

Contributors include T. C. Boyle, Allegra Goodman, Nicole Krauss,Steven Millhauser, Jonathan Lethem, Karen Russell, and others.


Personally I haven't read this yet, but I went to a Fiction Writing class last night in Manhattan and my teacher highly recommended this book. He also recommended the same book from past years. He said that they publish one every year. Last year my favorite author ever, Mr. Stephen King was the editor. So I know I'll be picking these up myself the next time I have enough money to go to Barnes and Noble.

Cheryl

No comments: